Information for New Student Registration
- In most cases, your student will attend the school within your neighborhood’s school boundary.
- The State Board of Education has adopted a common entry age for kindergarten and first grade students. A birth certificate is required to verify your child’s birth date.
- A child must be 5 years old by August 31 to enter kindergarten.
- A child must be 6 years old by August 31 to enter first grade.
- Washington state law requires students to be immunized, before enrolling in school, as follows: Diptheria/Tetanus/Pertussis (DTaP): 5 doses, or 4 doses if 4th given after 4th birthday. Polio: 4 doses, or 3 doses if 3rd given after 4th birthday. Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR): 2 doses. HIB (Haemophilus Influenza): 3 doses to enroll for child care or preschool, not recommended for children over 5. Hepatitis B: 3 doses.
- If your student is transferring from another school you will want to bring the latest report card or transcript.
- Proof of residency may be required.
- Every Bethel school provides voter registration forms.
- If you are transferring from a Bethel School because of boundary changes, you will not need to enroll. Records will be automatically transferred.