Liberty Middle School Summer Math Information
Staying active in your math practice is the best way to start out your school year. Liberty students are encouraged to spend one hour a week practicing math skills on the online program, IXL. Each Liberty student received a letter, including their user name and password for the IXL program in June. The letter also included the recommended “refresher” skills to focus on. Below is a list of those skills by grade level or by Advanced class.
How To Use IXL for Liberty Middle Summer Math for Liberty Students…
- Log in with your user name and password at https://www.ixl.com/signin/libertymiddle
- Click on the Math tab.
- Click on the appropriate Grade level Math skills.
- Work through the skills listed below as a review for next year’s math class. The standards recommended are the ones you will need to specifically for the first two chapters of your math class.
- If you complete all of the recommended skills, complete other skills as a refresher so you are better prepared to be a middle school Math student.
If you are having difficulty, please email Melissa Heltsley at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Make sure to explain your difficulty (need user name/password information, difficulty navigating the website, etc.) and provide student first/last name and contact phone number.
5th Grade Skills for Incoming 6th Graders and Advanced 6th Grade
- Number Theory F.1-F.7
- Mixed Operations O.1-O.8
- Problem Solving P.1- P.5
- Add and Subtract Fractions L.3, L.8, L.10, L.11, l.18, L.19
6th Grade Skills for Incoming 7th Graders
- Integers M.1-M.5
- Operations with integers N.1- N.11
- Fractions and Mixed Numbers I.1-I.10
- Add and Subtract Fractions J.1 and J.3
- Multiply Fractions K.1, K.2, K.5, K.6
- Divide Fractions L.1-L.5
- Coordinate Plane W.1-W.5
7th Grade Skills for Incoming 8th Graders
- One variable equations U.1-U.7
- Operations with fractions G.1, G.3, G.7, G.9, G.10, G.12, G.13
- Linear functions W.1 and W.2
- Variable Expressions R.1-R.11
- Coordinate Plane P.1-P.4
Skills in preparation for Advanced 7 Math:
- In 6th Grade standards:
- Operations w/Integers N.1-N.11
- Geometry BB.1-BB.9
- In 7th Grade standards:
- Ratios and Proportions J.1-J.13
- Operations w/Fractions G.1-G.15
Skills in preparation for Algebra:
- In 8th Grade standards:
- Pythagorean Theorem O.1-O.5
- Geometry N.1-N.11
- Transformations Q.1-Q.11
- Proportional Relations I.1-I.8