Find It Fast
June 4, 2019
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM District Orchestra Festival – PLU
June 5, 2019
June 7, 2019
June 11, 2019
June 12, 2019
June 20, 2019
August 13, 2019
Principal’s Message 5/20/19
This is a busy and important week for us. We are in our final week of testing. Please help us keep students ready to do their best every day. Also, Student Led Conferences are this week. PLEASE contact us if you have not already set up your time. Just a reminder that we DO have school on Friday, but not on Monday. I wish everyone a fantastic week and a joyous 3 day weekend!
YOUTH TRUTH SURVEY: Please take the time to give us feedback on what we are doing as a school. The survey is completely anonymous, available in several languages and takes approximately 15 minutes. Results of this survey help shape our school as we focus on the areas of greatest need.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: Special Olympics Washington State Spring Games are May 31-June 2 and they are looking for volunteers to help run the games. Events will take place at PLU (Track and Field and Soccer) and JBLM (Powerlifting and Cycling). 1,400 volunteers are needed to run the events in our area! More information on this link and on the flyer: https://2019springgames.my-trs.com/ Spec Olympics Spring State Games.pdf
SBA TESTING REMINDERS: We have had multiple incidents so far with electronics. A few reminders/suggestions:
- Keep your backpack out of reach (in front of room) when testing. Take out any work you may need when finished and place under your seat.
- Keep ALL ELECTRONICS turned off and out of reach.
- Do your best, recheck your work and think through your answers.
WALKATHON FUNDRAISER: Our cross country team is holding a walk-a-thon this Friday to help raise funds. Students can choose to participate for $10. They will be released during 3rd period (approx. 12:45) and be excused from 4th and 5th periods as well.
GRAPHIC NOVEL BOOK FAIR (repeat): We have a fantastic opportunity for students on Tuesday, May 21 in the library (10am - 7pm). If you have a conference on that day, consider stopping by with your student.
SLC CONFERENCES (repeat): Your conference date and time should be scheduled at this point. If not, please call 253-683-6500 to set it up. We are aiming for 100% participation from parents.
DISTRICT NOTEWORTHY NEWS:
- If you've been paying attention to the news over the past week or so, you may have heard that our state is doing away with standardized tests for graduation. While that might make for a splashy headline, the full truth is a bit more complicated. Rather than doing away with standardized graduation tests altogether, House Bill 1599 – which Gov. Jay Inslee recently signed into law – gives students more options for meeting graduation requirements. Read more: https://medium.com/@BethelSD/did-the-state-really-get-rid-of-standardized-tests-5d8a07a699d2
- The Bethel High students who created the BHS bond documentary have been nominated for a Northwest Regional Emmy Award! The film, entitled “Bethel High - A School In Need,” can be seen at
- We are hiring substitute bus drivers! Our drivers make a positive difference in the lives of children, while being part of a supportive team. We provide in-house CDL training (valued at over $3,000). Substitutes typically work Monday - Friday; sometimes up to 40 hours per week. To apply, visit jobs.bethelsd.org
- Children who get annual well visits are more successful in school and more likely to graduate high school. All children who have insurance in Washington State have one free preventive well visit each year with a provider who is on their insurance. Children should start getting an annual preventive well visit each year after they turn 3 years old. If you haven’t gotten a well visit for your child or children this year, call their clinic today and schedule one now. If your child is considering participating in sports, take the sports checkup form to the preventive well visit appointment and it can be filled out at same time. wahealthplanfinder.org
For the latest district news, visit facebook.com/bethelsd
May 7-24 SBA testing Tuesdays through Fridays
May 21-23 Student Led Conferences
May 21 Graphic Novel Book Fair 10am - 7pm
May 24 SCHOOL DAY—This will be a full day due to snow days
May 24 Walkathon fund raiser for cross country
May 27 NO SCHOOL—Memorial Day
May 28-31 SPIRIT week
May 31 End of Testing celebration
May 28-Jun 18 Activity buses Tues and Thurs only
June 4 District Orchestra Festival
June 6 District Band Festival
June 7 ½ day—Teacher grading
June 11 Talent Show. 6:30pm
June 12 High School Graduations
June 13 Last day for Activity busses
June 14 8th Grade Farewell
June 14 8th Grade Dance
June 20 Last day of School
CROSS COUNTRY: Finished the season at the top of the standings.
FOOTBALL: Finished the season undefeated in both Varsity and JV.
Volleyball: Finished up 2nd overall for Varsity and JV.