Dear Centennial Families,
This is an exciting time for our school community! Our building has been cleaned from top to bottom and there is a feeling of eager anticipation as we prepare for the new year! The teachers are already coming back in to organize and decorate their classrooms. Teams have started planning fun and engaging instruction for the upcoming school year! At Centennial, we consider ourselves a family. We value relationships and the power of community. We understand that it takes all of us to provide the best education possible. Ohana is a Hawaiian word for a person’s extended family. In our ohana, we include staff, students, and families; where each and every individual feels embraced and valued. Welcome to our family! GO CUBS!!
As a parent, I know that August is full of questions and excitement! Many of you know that Mrs. Woods and I both have school-aged children and can relate to the excitement and angst of a new school year. While I do not have every detail yet, I wanted to share what we do know so that you can start preparing for the 21-22 school year.
Here is what we are planning so far:
- We will be following the guidelines set forth by our Governor and Health Department
- We are planning on full school days, 5 days a week 9:20 - 3:50
- We are planning on all staff, students, and visitors wearing masks regardless of vaccination status
- At this time, we are not able to have volunteers in the building and visitors will be limited
- We are planning on 3ft social distancing in classrooms and 6 ft distancing in common areas
- We are planning on students attending recess with friends from other classes!
- We are planning on being flexible and transparent if things change
- August 24th- Centennial Office Opens
- August 24th- Communication from teachers will begin
- September 2nd - Meet & Greet (*see below)
- September 7th- First Day of School: Grades 1-5
- September 10th- First Day of Kindergarten
*Meet & Greet
Please save the date for a possible meet & greet on September 2nd, 2021 from 5:00 - 6:30pm. We are not sure if this will be a drive-thru or via zoom/ video. We will let you know more details in the upcoming weeks.
Incoming Kindergarten Students & Families
The first day of school for Kindergarten is September 10th. This means that you do NOT send your student to school on September 7th - 9th. Those days are reserved for Kindergarten (WA-Kids) conferences. Your child’s teacher will contact you to schedule the conference and explain its purpose.
School Supply List K - 5th Grade
- Reusable water bottle
- Headphones/Earbuds w/ microphone if possible (Grades K-5)
*All other supplies will be provided by the school
Please check our Centennial Elementary Facebook page for more updates and reminders! For information about how to get more involved in our school, please consider joining our PTA. You can find them on Facebook as well. Just search for Centennial Elementary PTA.
Your partner in learning,
Principal, Centennial Elementary