Message from the Principal…
Welcome Back Clover Creek, Hawks! Clover Creek's mission is to provide quality instruction encouraging students to be self-motivated learners, create high expectations of achievement and behavior to develop productive citizens, and embrace new technology and methodologies that will prepare students for THEIR future. We believe that all students are capable of achieving great things; it is our job to inspire and unlock the potential in each student. Our staff is committed to helping your children reach proficiency within their grade level standards and will be tracking their growth as the year progresses. We look forward to sharing these learning goals and achievements with you!
I would like to welcome a few new people to our staff:
• Mrs. Brannon will be our new Assistant Principal. Mrs. Gann accepted a Principal position in University Place School District.
• Ms. Frederick will be our new Associate Administrator. Mr. Pierce accepted an Assistant Principal position in Richland.
• Mrs. Maxfield will be our new Social Worker (counselor).
• Mrs. Taylor will be our new music teacher and choir director.
• Mrs. Leslie will be a new fourth grade teacher.
• Mrs. Brisson will be a new first grade teacher.
• Mrs. Dalquest will be our new school psychologist
• Mrs. Perry will be our new English Language teacher.
I also would like to acknowledge some exciting changes for some of our existing staff members:
• Mrs. Meeks and her husband welcomed their second son, Kash, in April. She will continue her maternity leave through January.
• Mrs. Berry and her husband welcomed their third child, Cooper, in July and will be taking maternity leave through part of September.
The first day of school (1st-5th grade) is September 7, 2021 and our Kindergartners will start school on September 10, 2021. School starts at 9:20 AM with our doors opening at 9:00 for breakfast. Our 5 minute "warning bell" will ring at 9:15 reminding students to walk with purpose to their class. Unfortunately, due to Covid restrictions, we will continue with last year's guidelines and will not be able to permit parents/visitors inside the building. We will be hosting a virtual Open House on September 1st from 5-6pm. Specific details coming soon!
Please know that our teachers and support specialists worked very hard to select the best placement for every child. Gender, academic performance, behavioral trends, and special programs thoughtfully balance our classrooms. Thank you for supporting these important class placement decisions.
With Bethel School District's 18th elementary school, Katherine G. Johnson, not projected to open on time, we are honored to help host our displaced colleagues and students. KGJ Kindergarten, First and Fifth grades will be hosted within our building. This means, where space allowed for social distancing requirements, we have combined grade alike classes. They will be using a co-teaching model until KGJ moves into their new building.
Our parking lot gets very busy during a normal school year. With our increased combined student population next year, we ask that you:
• Please consider sending your student(s) on the school bus to and from school
• Only come to the school at designated drop off and pick up times (9am & 3:50pm) to avoid parking & traffic backing up onto the street
• Remember that we cannot park on the street, so please utilize the church parking lots as "overflow" areas until the traffic dissipates
• Be as prepared as possible to help us transition the parking lot smoothly by:
◦ only allowing your student to enter/exit from the right side of the car
◦◦ have their backpack, lunch, mask, etc. packed and ready for quick exit
◦ pull as far up into the parking drop off/pick up loop as possible so we can mass unload/load and then transition through
If your student requires medication or emergency medication at school, you're required to have physician orders from your child's health care provider explaining what type of medication is needed, when to administer, and the dosage amount. Children with life-threatening health conditions require: medication and physician orders, necessary medication(s) and nursing care plan(s) all must be in place prior to the first day of school. Any questions or to make arrangements for drop off of medications please contact our Health Clerk, Gina Phillips @ 253-800-7893 or GPhillips@bethelsd.org. She will be in office beginning August 26th.
We strive to have clear, consistent communication with our Clover Creek families. I will be sending building level "tidbits" every other Tuesday via your ParentVue email. Feel free to call or email our front office with any of your questions or concerns: 253-800-7800 or email@example.com.
We look forward to partnering with all of you to make 2021-22 an incredible year! Please know that we are only an email or phone call away and are eager to help in any way we can.
Sara Olson, Principal