Hello! My name is Elizabeth Auter and I am the school counselor at Roy Elementary. My job is to support students, staff, and families in various ways including individual counseling, classroom guidance lessons, small groups, behavior and academic intervention, and many other ways!
I spend my time predominately in the following ways:
1) Being a positive, friendly advocate for students.
2) Building profound, trusting relationships with students.
3) Individual student planning: School counselors coordinate ongoing systemic activities designed to assist students in establishing personal goals and developing future plans.
4) Responsive services: Responsive services are activities designed to meet students’ immediate needs and concerns. Responsive services may include counseling in individual or small-group settings or crisis response.
5) Indirect Student Services: Services provided on behalf of students as a result of the school counselors’ interactions with others including referrals for additional assistance, consultation and collaboration with parents, teachers, other educators and community organizations.
During the school day, I may work with your student by way of:
1) Self-referral: I have a mailbox where students may leave notes in if they wish to visit with me. This is a great way for kids to advocate for themselves when they have something they want to talk about. Each classroom also has a counseling pass that students can use when in-the-moment needs come up.
2) Staff-referral: Teachers and other adults come to me when there are social-emotional concerns or when there's a behavior that they would like help with.
3) Referral from home: Parents and guardians are welcome to call me with questions or concerns that they have. If there is something that has the potential to impact their time at school, I would like to work with you to help support them while they're here.
4) Peer-referral: What an amazing thing when students begin to advocate for one another. When students see a friend or classmate in need of help, they, too, have the ability to leave me a note to express their concern.
It's likely that I will work with each child in some way. I will communicate home when follow up is needed or if you need to be made aware of an issue; often it is unnecessary, however.
Please contact me if you have any questions or need assistance with anything.
How does a student see the Counselor?
- Student self referral
- Parent request
- Teacher or staff refer
- Admin request
Bethel Family Center: https://www.bethelsd.org/Domain/4969
Second Step: http://www.cfchildren.org/second-step
Bethel Parks and Rec: http://bethelrec.org/home
Greater Lakes Mental Health Counseling: http://www.glmhc.org
Hope Sparks Family Counseling: http://hopesparks.org/contact-us/puyallup-office/
Nourish Food Bank: http://www.nourishpc.org
Wear It Out: https://www.facebook.com/LCwearitout/
Parent Map: www.parentmap.com/south-sound
Positive Parenting Solutions: www.positiveparentingsolutions.com