The purpose of the CMS dress code is to:
- provide a means of identification and belonging to Cedarcrest Middle School
- provide for a neat and orderly appearance appropriate for school and the learning atmosphere
- avoid competition in clothing designer labels
- minimize clothing costs for families
- model appropriate wear for various activities
Our Cedarcrest dress code standards are intentionally conservative to help students focus on learning and contribute to our safe and orderly school environment. Students must dress appropriately and according to school rules. Students must arrive and leave each day in uniform. Students who do not comply with the Cedarcrest dress code will face consequences.
Outerwear – jackets, coats, polar fleece, pullovers, and bags MUST BE STORED IN LOCKERS!
- Pants worn lower than the top of the hip. (NO sagging)
- Pinning or tying shirts.
- Hats, caps, spikes, dog collar chains, pocket chains, bandanas, doo-rags, picks, rattail combs, gloves, leather collars, tattoos, wristbands or sweatbands.
- Flip-flops, sport sandals, slippers, or moccasins.
- Patches or metal studs.
- Torn, frayed, ripped clothing, split hems, holes, or cuts.
- Logos/writing not related to Cedarcrest on any article of clothing.
- Sweatpants or basketball shorts.
- Clothing that reveals bare torso or undergarments when sitting or standing.
- P.E. clothing may not be worn in the classroom.
- Pink, green, orange, blue, purple, red, etc. hair colors. Hair must be the color a person could feasibly be born with.
- Leggings and jeggings
Step 1: Warning with immediate change.
Step 2: Parent Phone Call
Step 3: After School Detention
*If a student continues to violate the dress code, further consequences may be given.
Note: The administration reserves the right to determine the suitability of questionable styles or accessories. Students who are dressed inappropriately will be required to correct dress code violation(s) before attending classes.
If in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact the administration before it is worn to school.
If you are in need of clothing to meet the dress code requirements, please contact
Jennifer Estep at 253.683.7574.