Welcome Back Clover Creek, Hawks!
Clover Creek’s mission is to provide quality instruction encouraging students to be self-motivated learners, create high expectations of achievement and behavior to develop productive citizens, and embrace new technology and methodologies that will prepare students for THEIR future. We believe that all students are capable of achieving great things; it is our job to inspire and unlock the potential in each student. Our staff is committed to helping your children reach proficiency within their grade level standards and will be tracking their growth as the year progresses. We look forward to sharing these learning goals and achievements with you!
I would like to welcome a few new people to our staff:
- Rica Paraiso- Kindergarten Teacher
- Clarissa Ramey- Kindergarten Teacher
- Kathy Severson- Kindergarten Teacher
- Alisha Krom- First Grade Teacher
- Yvette Killion- First Grade Teacher
- Alicia Richards- Second Grade Teacher
- Bayne Marrs- Third Grade Teacher
- Marki Cane- Third Grade Teacher
- Amy Iacono- Fourth Grade Teacher
- Sandy Steele- Fifth Grade Teacher
- Paige Meeks- Fifth Grade Teacher
- Nick Allsen- PE Teacher
- Brianna Wells- K-3 Support Specialist
- Melody Vahl- Nurse
- Nichoel Birch- Lead Cook
- Rachel Peters- Recess Supervisor
- Erin Gann- Assistant Principal
- Fletcher Pierce- Associate Administrator
I also would like to acknowledge some exciting changes for some of our existing staff members:
- Trottman (formally Doolin), will be out on maternity leave through January 2020. Ms. Interbitzin, an experienced first grade teacher, will be taking over until her return.
- Haas, who moved from kindergarten and is now teaching second grade, will be out on maternity leave through January 2020. Mr. Krumwiede will be taking over until her return.
- Knight got married and is now Mrs. Robinson.
- Krum moved from first grade and will now teach second grade.
- Kaestle moved from second grade and will now teach PE.
- Olsen moved from second grade and will now teach fifth grade.
- Clark moved from second grade and will now teach third grade.
The first day of school (1st-5th grade) is September 5, 2019 and our Kindergartners will start school on September 10th. School starts at 8:30 AM with our doors opening at 8:10 for students eating breakfast and 8:15 for students who will not eat breakfast at school. You are welcome to walk your student to their class but please keep in mind that we are eager to start our instructional day with them at 8:30, we thank you in advance for leaving our campus at that time.
Please know that our teachers and support specialists worked very hard to select the best placement for every child. Gender, academic performance, behavioral trends, and special programs thoughtfully balance our classrooms. Thank you for supporting these important class placement decisions.
With 800 students in attendance, our parking lot can become crowded during drop off and pick up times. Please be sure you observe our parking lot guidelines (attached) to ensure everyone has a safe and pleasant experience while at Clover Creek. If our parking lot is full, parents are encouraged to wait at the Crossroads Church and then drive over once traffic has eased. Do not sit idly on 36th Avenue East, as this is a ticketed traffic offense. We are placing an emphasis on parents staying in their cars this year to help with the efficiency of our pick-up routine. Thank you in advance for adhering to our guidelines.
We welcome and encourage parent/guardian volunteers! Our volunteers help in various ways including: reading to small groups of students; listening to young readers; cutting out classroom materials; assisting during testing days; teaching rules to sports games during recess; organizing/assisting at extracurricular events afterschool; running stations at field day; chaperoning field trips…the list goes on. If you’re considering volunteering at our school, please be sure to submit your volunteer application (https://www.bethelsd.org/Page/516). This application usually takes about two weeks to process. Equally as exciting is our ability to partner with you through our wonderful PTA. Our PTA is very active in all of our community events. They sponsor all field trips and help to make sure building needs are met. We hope you’ll consider joining our PTA, and supporting our school through various activities that would not be possible without our community volunteers.
Finally, we believe character is an important key to success. We are proud that our students display: Honest, Achieving, Willing, Kind and Successful characteristics. Your student will participate in biweekly mini-assemblies hosted by our counselor, Mrs. Little and Social Skills teacher, Mrs. Webb highlighting essential character traits. You can support our efforts by asking your students how they plan to utilize their character development lessons in their day-to-day lives.
We are looking forward to partnering with all of you to make 2019-20 an incredible year!
Sara Olson, Principal