Battle of the Books
Titles and Authors
Spooked: How a Radio Broadcast and The War of the Worlds Sparked the 1938 Invasion of America by Gail Jarrow
Harbor Me by Jacqueline Woodson
The Rule of One by Ashley Saunders
Amal Unbound by Aisha Saeed
The Best Man by Richard Peck
Knockout by K.A. Holt
The Benefits of Being an Octopus by Ann Braden
New Kid by Jerry Craft
The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
Speechless by Adam P. Schmitt
OCDaniel by Wesley King
Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes
Cedarcrest Library Policies
Student behavior expectations:
Students will be respectful.
Students will be responsible.
Students will be safe.
Visiting the CMS Library
The library is open before school 6:50 a.m. - 7:10 a.m., advisory, lunch & after school until 2:15 p.m.
During class time, you must have a student agenda signed & dated by your teacher.
During advisory, you must have your agenda signed & dated by your teachers with the purpose of your visit.
Books are due fourteen school days after they were checked out.
Students may have three library books checked out at a time.
Additional books may be checked out with teacher/librarian approval.
There is a book in the Cedarcrest Middle School library for every student. If you can't find one, ask Ms. Sowden for assistance.
You can always use Destiny (library catalog) to find a good book similar to one you just read by following these steps:
- do a title search for the book you just read
- click on the title of the book to get the details of the book
- under Explore! choose a subject that describes why you liked the book
- there will be a list of titles to choose from.
- click on the title and read the summary to decide if you want that book.
- check to see if it is available.
- write down the call number and find the book on the shelf.
- ask for help, if you cannot find it.