Teen Employment

  • This form is for parents/legal guardians and school officials to indicate approval for a minor employee to work according to the terms listed by the employer.  Please note, this is not a Minor Work Permit.  Minors are not responsible for the Minor Work Permit, employers must have a minor work endorsement on their Master Business License for each work location with employees under age 18 and renew it each year.
    The Washington state minimum wage for 16- and 17-year-old workers is the same as for adults — $9.19 as of January 1, 2013. Minors under 16 may be paid 85 percent ($7.81) of the state minimum wage.
    For information regarding teen workers' workplace rights in Washington state, go directly to the WA State Department of Labor & Industries website at www.TeenWorkers.Lni.wa.gov