Graham Elementary School
Graham Elementary School has a much richer history than many realize. The Graham Elementary we all know was built in 1988, but the spirit of the school has existed for much, much longer. The community of Graham was founded in 1903 as a post office and lumber train stop for the Tacoma Eastern Railway. It was named Graham because the first mail was delivered there to Mr. Graham, the timber company foreman. The one-room Graham School was built sometime around 1912 and housed students until 1949.