Elk Plain School of Choice
Prior to becoming the only K-8 institution in the Bethel School District, Elk Plain School of Choice had several iterations dating back to the late 1800s. The first Elk Plain School opened in 1892 as a simple one-room building serving the small Elk Plain farming community on the Mountain Highway east of Graham. The school continued to expand as the community grew, and by 1935 the original Elk Plain had four rooms. In 1937 the school was moved to its current location at 22015 22nd Avenue East. More classrooms and an office were added to the building in 1953, and the structure was completely modernized in 1979. The entire school was remodeled in 1992 and renamed the Elk Plain School of Choice.