Kapowsin Elementary School
When the Bethel School District was formed in 1949, Kapowsin Elementary was the first school built. But Kapowsin has an even richer history than it appears. The very first Kapowsin school, which served grade school and high school students, opened in 1906 on a hill overlooking Lake Kapowsin. In 1949 the school officially became part of the newly formed Bethel School District. Kapowsin’s younger students immediately transferred to the newly-built Kapowsin Elementary, and high school students remained at the original location until Bethel High opened in 1952.