Course Selection Overview
We hope this guide will answer your questions as you select high school courses for registration. Teams from all schools have worked hard to provide the most important and up-to-date information for your use. Below are important considerations in using this document:
- Availability - This course catalog is a listing of every course that may be offered at the high school level. Courses may differ by school - not every course listed here may be available at your student’s school.
- Options - Each year, individual schools will provide a building-specific list of the courses available on their registration forms.
- Changes - Even when a course is listed on a registration form, if there is not sufficient enrollment to run the course it may be cancelled and replaced on a student’s schedule with an alternative. Also, if a student has omitted a graduation requirement during the selection process, counselors will change the student’s schedule to make sure the student is able to enroll in the courses needed for graduation.
- Requirements - Pay close attention to course descriptions as some courses are only available for students in specific grade levels, have fees, or require prerequisites, auditions, or instructor permission.
- Course length - Courses are offered in three durations:
a single trimester (12 weeks, .5 credit)
two trimesters (24 weeks, 1.0 credit)
three trimesters (36 weeks, 1.5 credits)
- Questions? Please contact the counseling office of the appropriate high school for assistance:
Bethel HS 253-683-7049
Challenger HS 253-683-6884
Graham Kapowsin HS 253-683-6176
Spanaway Lake HS 253-683-5659
Download PDF here