Practicums, Student Teaching, & Internships
Bethel Schools (BSD) is happy to partner with colleges and universities to place students in our schools for observations/practicum, student teaching, and internships.
- Student Teachers
- Education Iinterns
- Department Interns
- Counseling/Social Work Interns
- Special Services Snterns (i.e. Psychologists, SLPs, OTs, PTs)
- Practicum/Observation Students
In order to be considered for placement in one of our schools, the student’s university or college must contact Bethel's Placement Coordinator and have required information on file.
- Current university contract/agreement with BSD addendum
- Liability insurance
Students wanting to complete practicum/observations in Bethel are welcome to contact the building directly to coordinate their practicum (observation-only) experience as long as the below items are met/followed prior to starting.
- Students completing observations must apply through our Bethel Volunteer Application System and become volunteer-cleared.
- Students are to never be left unsupervised when completing observations.
- Observation hours have no evaluation requirement for the student.
Student Teaching & Internships
Students must submit all required documentation via email to be considered for placement:
- University overview of level of program being requested
- Student’s resume and cover letter
- Proof of current fingerprints
The State of Washington requires everyone who has contact with students in a school setting to be fingerprinted prior to starting their assignments. Individuals will not be allowed into the classroom without proof of current fingerprints.
Annual Deadlines for Placements
- Fall (August-December): June 1
- Winter (January-March): November 1
- Spring (April-June): February 1
Depending on the student’s program, BSD Human Resources and principals will work together to determine student placement based on the following criteria:
- Availability of qualified staff/teacher(s) in requested areas
- School's availability to take a student
- Agreement of an individual cooperating teacher following a review of candidate materials and/or meeting
We will make every effort to place students at their requested location or with their requested mentor/principal. If the request cannot be met, we will forward the request to all remaining schools accepting student teachers in the subject/level.
HR Administrative Assistant / Placement Coordinator
If you are a CURRENT BETHEL EMPLOYEE and are interested in completing observations and/or being placed for student teaching in Bethel, please contact Jodi Gregory.