Technology Policies & Expectations
All use of district technology and the district’s internet must be in support of eduction and research consistent with the educational purposes of the Bethel School District.
Students will not post personal information about themselves. Personal contact information includes home address, telephone, school address, work address, etc. Students will promptly disclose to a staff member any message they receive that is inappropriate or makes them feel uncomfortable.
Use of the district network to access pornographic material, inappropriate text files, chat rooms, email, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and other social media sites, or files dangerous to the integrity of the district, will be subject to disciplinary action consistent with district discipline policies.
Use of the district network to submit, publish, or display any defamatory, inaccurate, racially offensive, abusive, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, or threatening materials or messages to either public or private computers will be subject to disciplinary action consistent with district discipline policies.
Students involved with any of the above violations will be assigned progressive discipline and may have limited access to technology and the internet.
Students found to tamper with iPads, circumvent district content filters, or disable district restrictions will be subject to significant discipline.
Students at Spanaway Middle School are expected to comply with classroom, home, school, and district iPad expectations.
iPad Use for Instruction at Home
- Use it as the teacher asks.
- When using it for online learning and participation, keep it on task and on the class app.
- Don’t forget: iPads are for educational use only!
- Pictures and videos are prohibited without teacher permission.
iPads Around Home
- Keep it out of the bathrooms.
- Pictures and videos are prohibited without adult permission.
- Do not access social media or associated apps on your BSD device.
- Take care of your iPad: do not drop it, eat around it, or otherwise destroy it.
- Have it fully charged every day as school begins.
- Update your iPad when prompted by Apple.
- Be careful with your iPad.
- Keep your iPad clean and neat.