Student Assistance Program Contact Information
Staff who are involved in the Student Assistance Program are committed to:
- Providing an array of counseling and individual and family interventions to intervene on a student’s substance use.
- Facilitating peer support groups to address student and/or family substance abuse.
- Coordinating and make referrals for treatment to community providers.
- Strengthening transition back to school for students who are recovering from addiction.
- Providing school-wide prevention activities that promote healthy messages and decrease substance abuse.
- Conducting family outreach services to increase awareness, education, and parent involvement in early intervention.
How do students access SAP?
Students can receive SAP services in three ways:
- Teacher, parent or friend referral
- School referral. Students who are caught in violation of the school’s alcohol and drug policies may be asked to participate in SAP.
To learn more about SAP and how it can help you, please contact Pam Schaeffer, our Alcohol Drug Prevention Intervention Specialist.
Here is a copy of her current schedule:
Graham Kapowsin High School- Monday & Tuesday
Bethel High School - Thursday and every other Friday
Bethel Middle School- Wednesday and every other Friday