Student Assistance Program Contact Information
Staff who are involved in the Student Assistance Program are committed to:
- Providing an array of counseling and individual and family interventions to intervene on a student’s substance use.
- Facilitating peer support groups to address student and/or family substance abuse.
- Coordinating and make referrals for treatment to community providers.
- Strengthening transition back to school for students who are recovering from addiction.
- Providing school-wide prevention activities that promote healthy messages and decrease substance abuse.
- Conducting family outreach services to increase awareness, education, and parent involvement in early intervention.
How do students access SAP?
Students can receive SAP services in three ways:
- Teacher, parent or friend referral
- School referral. Students who are caught in violation of the school’s alcohol and drug policies may be asked to participate in SAP.