Title I/LAP Goals
- Provide additional instruction and support to identified at-risk students so they will meet grade level standards.
- Provide empowering opportunities for parents and families to support their children's educational progress from birth to twelfth grade.
- Catch struggling students early, using research based interventions with fidelity.
- Regularly communicate with parents regarding student progress.
- Facilitate a smooth transition process between school levels, including support for the process of meeting high school graduation requirements.
The federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) act defines information that school districts must provide families about school and student academic performance, including school improvement status, individual student achievement on state tests and other related documents.
Information about the professional qualifications and “highly qualified” status of your child’s teacher and paraeducators who may be providing instructional services to your child can be accessed through Human Resources. Annual district and school performance reports and school improvement plans are also available for public review.
- OSPI (Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction) - State education office
- NCLB Act (No Child Left Behind Act) - Most current federal legislation regarding Title 1 Program
- National PTA - Lots of great tips for parents
- Starfall - Site for beginning readers
- Washington Parent Power
- National Network of Partnership Schools
- National Center for Family and Community Connections with Schools
- Children's Home Society: Parent Information and Resource Center
District Information for Families & SES Providers
SES open enrollment windows: Bethel will have a rolling enrollment window. The first parent notification went out Aug. 8th. Applications will be distributed to buildings to share with parents at events and conferences.
SES Fairs or SES Public meetings with dates: We have not yet set dates for provider fairs or training for providers.
Process for SES providers to provide the district with OSPI approved promotional material for distribution: Promotional material can be turned in to the Title I office to Christina Rucker.
SES Student Participation
2009-10 2014-15 Students Eligible 2,104 2,711 Students Participated 110 128 Percentage of Participation 5.23% 4.72%