The following rules and regulations apply to all students using school district transportation to and from school and school-sponsored activities and events.
- The driver is in charge of the bus and passengers and their directives must be obeyed.
- Students shall observe the standards of classroom conduct while on a school bus.
- Students are prohibited from utilizing cell phones on the school bus. Cell phones must be contained out of visibility in a purse, backpack, etc.
- The student shall ride a regularly-assigned bus and depart at their assigned stop unless specifically authorized by the building representative, director of transportation or designee.
- Eating and drinking on the bus is not permitted.
- Items that interfere with the safety of students and driver are not permitted (i.e. animals, insects, breakable containers, chemicals, explosives, balloons, skateboards, etc.).
- Students shall not have or use tobacco products, drugs, alcohol, paraphernalia, matches, lighters or any other flammable or sparking device on the school bus.
- Students may take only those musical instruments that can be secured on the student’s lap or between their legs and that won’t disrupt the loading and unloading of students, i.e., flute, clarinet, trumpet, violin, trombone, and alto saxophone. Instruments such as drums, tenor saxophone, cello, bass viola, baritone horn, and French horn are not allowed.
- Students shall remain seated while the bus is in motion and are not to get up until the bus has come to a full stop.
- Students shall board the bus in an orderly manner and remain within the bus driver’s view at all times.
- Students shall cross the highway in front of the bus only after verifying it is safe to do so and after obtaining the consent of the driver.
- Students shall arrive at the bus stop five (5) minutes prior to bus stop time.
- At the bus stop, students shall remain out of roadways and avoid pushing, shoving and damaging private property surrounding the bus stop.
- Students who walk along a highway to and from a bus-loading zone must walk where practicable on the left-hand side of the road facing oncoming traffic. This also applies to students leaving the bus-loading zone in the evening.
- In the event of an emergency, students shall follow emergency procedures as established by emergency exit drills.
For an extended version of bus rules, please contact the Transportation Department.
Click here to download or print this document