The Bethel School District is a dynamic district that covers over 200 square miles in southeast Pierce County.
Currently, Bethel is the 16th largest district in the state with an estimated enrollment of over 18,000 students.
Bethel has 16 elementary schools (K-5), six middle schools (6-8), three comprehensive senior high schools (9-12), an alternative high school (9-12), an elementary online academy, and a school of choice (K-7). In September 2010, the Pierce County Skills Center opened its doors to district and county students.
The mission of the Bethel School District is to provide a safe educational environment which enables students to develop and apply the skills, knowledge, attitudes, and values needed to realize their maximum potential.
With this mission in mind, we commit to the following:
- Bethel’s educational program will ensure that students learn and are able to effectively apply basic and advanced skills and processes in all academic areas.
- Bethel students will develop the skills needed to communicate their thoughts logically and effectively as well as to express their individuality and creativity.
- Bethel students will have the skills and abilities needed to meet the challenges of an information society and to utilize its rapidly changing technologies.
- Bethel students will demonstrate a basic understanding of our democratic process and the responsibility for citizenship in an international society.
- Bethel School District will promote an understanding and respect for the diversity of cultures and a recognition of the uniqueness of others in a pluralistic community.
- Bethel will provide an ongoing program of staff development which includes working with staff to incorporate a variety of teaching strategies that meet individual needs, help students discover information, gain knowledge, and to excel in academics, the arts and athletics.
- Bethel School District will provide a learning environment that prepares students to successfully transfer the knowledge, skills and attitudes learned in school to institutes of higher education and future careers.
Through the accomplishment of these commitments, students will be better prepared to participate as ethical, cooperative, responsible, and productive citizens.
The Bethel School District will work with parents, the business community, and the community at large as partners in the achievement of this mission.