Highly Capable Placements
- Kindergarten placement letters were sent by mail on March 28, 2017
- Grades 1–8 placement letters will be sent by mail by the end of April
Highly Capable Placement Appeals
Appeals are considered annually for students who did not meet the criteria for placement. The outcomes of an appeal include: maintaining the placement decision, changing the placement decision, or allowing the student to retest in late summer/early fall.
- Kindergarten Appeal Forms due: April 21
- 1st–8th Grade Appeal Forms due: May 12
Current 2nd grade Challenge students or newly qualified 2nd grade Challenge students who want consideration for our full-time program at Naches Trail must complete the online application linked below by May 12.
Pending room in the class, there may be limited spaces available for current 3rd grade and 4th grade Challenge students.
- Next Year High School Students wishing to enroll in Honors, Advanced Placement, Cambridge, or Running Start courses will need to contact their guidance counselor for the scheduling process.
- Current highly capable students do not need to be referred and will not need to test again.
Challenge 2016/17 Schedule
The Challenge welcome letters were mailed the first week of September. The first day of Challenge will be Wednesday, September 14. The Challenge schedule is posted below.
The mission of the Bethel School District Highly Capable program is to provide a safe educational environment that enables students to develop the skills, knowledge, attitudes and values to realize their maximum potential.
Brian Loffer, Director of Assessment & Highly Capable Programs
253.683.6953 (phone) | 253.683.6036 (fax) | Email
Judy Armijo, Secretary
253.683.6952 (phone) | 253.683.6036 (fax) | Email