April 23, 2019: The bid for the interior painting projects at Graham Elementary and Camas Prairie Elementary have been awarded to SCF General Contractors, LLC of Puyallup, Washington.
2019 Summer Projects
This is shaping up to be another busy summer for our Maintenance Department. From major roof repairs to classroom painting projects, our buildings are sure to be busy with activity while students are enjoying the summer sunshine. Here's a list of some of the major projects that will be undertaken this summer.
- New boilers at Cougar Mountain Middle and North Star Elementary
- New portables at Spanaway Lake High School (3 double portables), Bethel High School (2 double portables), Graham Elementary (1 double portable) and Elk Plain School of Choice (1 double portable)
- Portable repairs at Bethel High, Cedarcrest Middle, and Roy Elementary
- Exterior painting and envelope repairs at Frontier Middle, Pioneer Valley Elementary and Roy Elementary
- Interior painting at Camas Prairie and Graham elementaries
- Emergency Generator at Educational Service Center Building #2
- Dry sprinkler replacement system at Frontier Middle
- Roof replacements at Centennial, Naches Trail and Roy elementaries
- Major roof repairs at Centennial, Naches Trail and Roy elementaries
- Resurfacing of tennis courts at Graham-Kapowsin High School
- Parking lot improvements at Bethel Middle and Roy Elementary
All of these projects are separate from the 2019 Bond that will construct three brand new schools and renovate and expand other schools in the district. You can find updates on the bond-funded projects at: bethelsd.org/bondprojects
Asset Preservation Program
To help protect taxpayer investments in our school buildings, all schools built new or new-in-lieu since 1994 are required to be inspected as part of the Asset Preservation Program. This program reviews:
• Foundations/Building Drainage
• Exterior Walls
• Interior Construction
• Fire Protection
Read more here.