Hello, North Star Elementary students and parents! My name is Mary Baisa, the school counselor.
Students and Parents Visit my Virtual Counseling Office for Contact Information, Resources, Lunch Bunch, Activities, etc.
To visit my virtual office, please click on the link below
Once you are in the office, feel free to click on the items that turn your cursor into a hand to explore different resources!
As a School Counselor, I perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Observe students in various school environments
- Support students and staff
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, and students
- Respond to school crisis and emergency situations
- I work closely with families in need! Please call me if you need help!
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
My job is to make sure that all students are happy and safe at school.
There are many ways that kids end up in conversation with me/ in my office; here are the most common ways:
- Self-referral: Students are able to give me notes if they wish to visit with me or let their teacher know. This is a great way for kids to advocate for themselves when they have something they want to talk about.
- Staff-referral: Teachers and other NS adults come to me when there are social-emotional concerns or when there's a behavior that they would like help with.
- Referral from home: Parents and guardians are welcome to call me with questions or concerns that they have. If there is something that has the potential to impact their time at school, I would like to work with you to help support them while they're here.
- Peer-referral: When students see a friend or classmate in need of help, they can leave me a note to express their concerns.
I can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 253.800.8870.