Cedarcrest Library Policies
Student behavior expectations:
Students will be respectful.
Students will be responsible.
Students will be safe.
Visiting the CMS Library
The library is open before school 6:50 a.m. - 7:10 a.m., advisory, lunch & after school until 2:15 p.m.
During class time, you must have a student agenda signed & dated by your teacher.
During advisory, you must have your agenda signed & dated by your teachers with the purpose of your visit.
Books are due fourteen school days after they were checked out.
Students may have three library books checked out at a time.
Additional books may be checked out with teacher/librarian approval.
There is a book in the Cedarcrest Middle School library for every student. If you can't find one, ask Ms. Sowden for assistance.
You can always use Destiny (library catalog) to find a good book similar to one you just read by following these steps:
- do a title search for the book you just read
- click on the title of the book to get the details of the book
- under Explore! choose a subject that describes why you liked the book
- there will be a list of titles to choose from.
- click on the title and read the summary to decide if you want that book.
- check to see if it is available.
- write down the call number and find the book on the shelf.
- ask for help, if you cannot find it.