Student behavior expectations:
- Students will be respectful.
- Students will be on task.
- Students will be here to learn.
Visiting the FMS Library
- The library is open before school 7:00 a.m. - 7:15 a.m., tutorial/advisory, most lunches, & after school until 2:30 p.m.
- During lunch passes are available from the lunch supervisor for you to come to the library after you eat your lunch.
- During class time, you must have a student hall pass signed & dated by your teacher.
- During tutorial, you must have a tutuorial pass signed & dated by your teachers with the purpose of your visit.
- Books are due fourteen school days after the materials were checked out.
- Magazines are checked out for three days.
- Students may have five library books checked out at a time.
- When checking out magazines, students must have a novel checked out also.
- Magazines are checked out in a plastic bag. The plastic bag must be returned with the magazines.
There is a good book in the FMS library for every student. If you can't find one, ask Mrs. Staley for help.
You can always use the catalog to find a good book like the one you just read by following these steps:
- do a title search for the book you just read
- click on the title of the book to get the details of the book
- under Explore! choose a subject that describes why you liked the book
- There will be a list of titles to choose from. Click on the title and read the summary to decide if you want that book. Check to see if it is available. Write down the call number and find the book on the shelf. Ask for help, if you cannot find it.
Frontier Middle School Library Catalog
Access this link to search for a book, a resource list for your Reading Pyramid, or check your library account: