As we launch the 2021-22 school year, I want you to be aware of the work we believe in here at CMS. Please take a minute to take a look at our Mission-why we exist, our Vision-what we need to become to reach our mission, our Values-what actions we will commit to in order to become what we envision, and our Goals-ways we will measure our progress. We thank you in advance for your support in this work, and are excited to begin another amazing year!
It is the mission of Cedarcrest Middle School to create a safe community and ensure all of our students develop the skills necessary to be successful in high school and beyond.
- We believe that all of our students can be successful and that it is the responsibility of adults in the school to develop exceptional systems to make that a reality.
- We believe in gathering quality data to determine what our students have learned, and using that data to reflect upon and increase the effectiveness of our instruction.
- We believe in taking collective responsibility for the success of each student by working collaboratively in high-functioning and relational teams, interdependently, with common goals, and mutual accountability.
- We believe in building strong relationships with our students, developing trust, providing clear expectations and delivering quality feedback to support building student responsibility.
Our Collective Commitments:
- In our work, we are committed to put the learning of all students first and will persist in our attempts to engage them regardless of initial setbacks, or how this stance might challenge long-held assumptions, past practice, or simply be the easier or more convenient procedure.
- We will set high expectations for all students, making the standards of conduct clear, providing clear directions for classroom activities and routines, in order to create classrooms where the teacher and students value learning and hard work.
- We will consider students’ special needs when planning lessons and identifying resources to ensure that all students will be able to learn.
- We will be positive, contributing members of our collaborative teams; study, clarify, and align, pacing guides, assessment blueprints, and content curriculum to achieve our SMART goals and increase student achievement.
- We will use formative assessment strategies that are ongoing and are used by both teachers and students to monitor progress toward understanding the learning outcomes, to inform and improve our practice to better meet the needs of individual students.
- We will engage in meaningful, job-embedded staff development to enhance our professional skills, seeking out the most promising practices to support student learning, and exercising leadership among our colleagues.
- We will ensure all students feel valued, safe, and comfortable taking intellectual risks; and when their behavior is being corrected, we will ensure that students feel respected and their dignity is not undermined.
Our Schoolwide Goals:
- Continuous Growth and Achievement in all Subjects - Increased percentage of students meeting or exceeding proficiency standards on local, state, and national assessments.
- Equitable Opportunities for All Students – Elimination of disproportionality in discipline rates for all student subgroups.
Cedarcrest Middle School