Dear Mustang Families and Friends,
Our school has been very busy with parent conferences and will continue to be for the next couple of weeks as we gear up for holiday happenings. It has been so nice to see parents and teachers having time to discuss students’ work and progress and connect with one another. If you were not able to make your scheduled time, please contact your child’s teachers to find a time that works for both of you. It is vital for our school’s and our students’ success for parents and guardians to be actively involved in their child’s education.
Thank you to everyone who came out to the Veterans’ Breakfast and Assembly on Friday, November 9th. The food and company could not have been more perfect, and a good time was had by all! The impact the assembly had on our students was apparent by the attention they paid to all presenters and the joy on their faces as they saw their loved ones. A special thanks to Charlene Stearns for heading up the efforts to make this event so wonderful.
I would like to remind you of our policy regarding students arriving to school late or checking out of school early. Our school hours are 9:00 to 3:30. If your child is late, an adult needs to accompany him/her inside and sign in in the notebook at the attendance window. Similarly, please make sure you sign your child out in the notebook at the attendance window if you are picking up early. It is ideal to let the staff know ahead of time that you will be picking up your child and what time you plan on arriving. That way your child can be ready, and we do not have to spend time looking around the school if the class is involved in a specialist class or at lunch or recess.
Mark your calendars:
- November 19: Mitten Tree available in front office – lend a hand to those in need
- November 21-23: Thanksgiving Break – No School
- December 5: Late Start – school begins at 11:00, no breakfast
- December 7: Spotlight Awards – 9:05 Grades K-2, 3:00 Grades 3-5
- December 14: RSVPs due for Holiday Lunch Dec 20
- December 19: Sock Day
- December 20: Hat Day – wear your favorite hat
- December 20: Holiday Lunch – come have lunch with your student
- December 20: Winter Concert 6:30 Cafeteria
- December 21: Festive Attire Day – bring out those holiday sweaters and festive pjs
- December 21: Holiday Sing-a-long in Cafeteria
Have a wonderful holiday season!