School Activities at Spanaway Middle School
School activities and dances are planned by the ASB Student Council and are held periodically throughout the year. Attendance at events may be denied if students owe fines/fees or if school behavior is not appropriate.
School Activity Guidelines
Students attending school events must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Dress for school events must be appropriate. See the Bethel School District dress guidelines for details (Bethel School District Policy 3224).
- Only current Spanaway Middle School students may attend.
- If an Activity Bus is not available, parents are responsible for student transportation to and from the event. Students not picked up within 15 minutes to the end of the event will be assigned community service while they are waiting for their ride and may not attend the next event.
- Students are not allowed to leave the event and re-enter.
- All students are to remain in designated areas.
- All rules and regulations of the Bethel School District apply to events. Students who are serving a suspension the day of an event cannot attend the event.
- Inappropriate or unsafe behavior will result in students being removed and loss of event privileges for the rest of the trimester.
- All fines and fees must be cleared.
Benefits of Having an ASB Card:
- Discounts on dances.
- Reduced prices on Bethel School District athletic and cultural events.
- It is required in order to participate in clubs, music programs, and athletics.
- Your card helps support all athletics and extra-curricular activities at SMS.
The Associated Student Body (ASB) of Spanaway Middle School represents the student body and plans school events.
As of the 2020 - 2021 School Year, until further notice, ASB Cards will not be available for purchase.