Skip To Main Content

Logo Image



Per RCW 28A.335.180, school districts may grant surplus materials and equipment to a federal, state or local government entity, or to indigent persons, at no cost on the condition the property be used for preschool through twelfth grade education purposes. 

The school district cannot broker a sale to private entities (non-governmental), staff or community members of surplus materials or equipment.  These items were purchased with public funds and must be sold at an open public sale. 

The district typically transfers all useable surplus materials and equipment to Government Deals, which holds the public sale on the district’s behalf.  Persons or entities interested in acquiring some of the district’s surplus items can contact the Government Deals at the following link: