- Students with Disabilities
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- The IEP Team
- Specially Designed Instruction (SDI)
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
- Revocation of Consent for Services
- Extended School Year (ESY) Procedures
- Progress Reports
- Transfer of Rights at Age of Majority
Steps to Follow When You Have a Question or Concern
Parents who have questions or concerns about their students should first contact the special education teacher/case manager, general education teacher, and/or school counselor who works with their student. If the questions or concerns are not answered at that level, the following list shows who to contact, and in which order:
- Start with the special education teacher/case manager, general education teacher, and/or school counselor
- If you feel concerns are not met, contact your school principal.
- If you feel your concerns are not met, contact the following Special Education District Contacts:
4. The Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) also has resources and venues to assist parents with questions and concerns. They can be found on their website: https://ospi.k12.wa.us/student-success/special-education. You can directly contact OSPI Special Education Parent Liaison Scott Raub at 360-725-6075.