Practicum | Student Teachers | Interns
Bethel Schools (BSD) is happy to partner with colleges and universities to place students in our schools for observations/practicum, student teaching, and internships.
- Student Teachers
- Education Interns
- Department Interns
- Counseling/Social Work Interns
- Special Services Interns (i.e. Psychologists, SLPs, OTs, PTs)
- Practicum/Observation Students
In order to be considered for placement in one of our schools, the student’s university or college must contact Bethel's Placement Coordinator and have the required information on file.
- Current university contract/agreement with BSD addendum
- Liability insurance
Students wanting to complete practicum/observations in Bethel are welcome to contact the building directly to coordinate their practicum (observation-only) experience as long as the items below are met/followed prior to starting.
- Students completing observations must be fingerprinted within the past year.
- Students are never to be left unsupervised when completing observations.
- Observation hours have no evaluation requirement for the student.
Student Teaching & Internships
Students must submit all required documentation via email to be considered for placement:
- University overview of level of program being requested
- Student’s resume and cover letter
- Proof of current fingerprints
The State of Washington requires everyone who has contact with students in a school setting to be fingerprinted prior to starting their assignments. Individuals will not be allowed into the classroom without proof of current fingerprints.
Annual Deadlines for Placements
- Fall (August-December): June 1
- Winter (January-March): November 1
- Spring (April-June): February 1
Depending on the student’s program, BSD Human Resources and principals will work together to determine student placement based on the following criteria:
- Availability of qualified staff/teacher(s) in requested areas
- School's availability to take a student
- Agreement of an individual cooperating teacher following a review of candidate materials and/or meeting
We will make every effort to place students at their requested location or with their requested mentor/principal. If the request cannot be met, we will forward the request to all remaining schools accepting student teachers in the subject/level.
Assistant Director / District Placement Coordinator
If you are a CURRENT BETHEL EMPLOYEE and are interested in completing observations and/or being placed for student teaching in Bethel, please contact Jordan Ford.