In Bethel, we have tremendous support for the arts, and place a great value in the importance of music in a well-rounded education for students of all ages. We strongly believe in giving every student the opportunity to grow as a musician, and many students learn to play an instrument in either the band or orchestra as part of their experience in elementary, middle, and high school. This journey can begin in grade five.
Music & Arts
Rent by September 15, 2023 for delivery to your student's school
- Enhanced sanitization & inspection by our professional repair technicians
- 100% of rental credit goes toward owning an instrument
- Month to month rental with FREE exchanges, 30% early purchase, or return at any time
- Shop YOUR school supply list in-store OR online
- Convenient, local services at our Lakewood & Puyallup Stores
- Educator approved, name brand instruments
Ted Brown Music
Rent by September 20, 2023 for delivery to your student's school
- Local, family owned company in business since 1931
- Free pickup and delivery to your school
- Maintenance and Replacement guarantee protects your instrument from normal wear, accidental damage, and theft
- Simple exchange and return policy
- Easy month-to-month rental plan
- Earn up tp 30% additonal discount toward the purchase of a step-up instrument
Applebaum Violin Shop
- Locally owned since 1975.
- We prefer fitting your child for size in our shop, for a memorable experience – a personalized introduction to the world of string instruments.
- Instruments are rented for a three month period and thereafter in one-month periods.
- Rental program offers credit towards purchase of rented instruments or upgraded instruments. 100% of the first 12 months can be applied towards purchase.
- All details of our rental program may be found on our website, applebaumviolinshop.com.
- 1948 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402.
- Phone: (253) 272-4754. Email: applebaumviolinshop@
- Call to schedule an appointment or Click here to schedule an appointment online.
Hammond Ashley Violins
- Locally owned violin family specialist since 1964
- Rent paid month to month, with up to 9 rent payments credited toward an instrument purchase
- Insurance provided with rental instruments
- Located in Issaquah WA. Rental violins can be shipped. Cellos and basses picked up in store.
- Professional set up. Highest quality bowed string rentals in the region
- Phone: (425) 392-3963
Participation in fifth grade band allows students to go deeper into the study of music, building off of the instruction they’ve received in general music during the kindergarten through grade four years. Further, band fosters higher-level thinking, teamwork, structure, confidence, and joy and it builds community within the school.
What to Expect in Beginning Band
Band students will meet 2 or 3 times per week during the school day at their home school.
Students will have the opportunity to develop the fundamental building blocks of music while learning a new instrument — flute, clarinet, trumpet, or trombone.
Students will experience the joy of making music with their classmates in a safe and supportive environment.
Students will learn to apply rhythm, note reading, tone production, and musical expression through performance.
Band Instrument Demo Videos
Students who join fifth grade choir get to spend the year singing and reading music with their friends, building off of all the experiences they have had during previous years in general music. Being in choir is an excellent opportunity for students to develop musical skills, team work, and confidence, while also contributing to their school’s culture and community.
All 5th Grade students get a chance to participate during school hours, and some home schools even have an optional before- or after-school choir too!
Students will continue experiencing the joy of music on an instrument that is free and cannot be bought - their voice!
Students will learn more about musical notation, and their teacher will select songs fit to their musical needs and growth.
Students will develop more expression through musical performance at a variety of events, including the annual Bethel Choir Festival in Spring.
Fifth grade orchestra is a student-centered experience where students learn from highly qualified teachers and from one another. Beginning orchestra students enjoy a community-centered environment which celebrates diversity, fosters higher-level thinking skills, strengthens social-emotional skills, and has fun learning and creating music in an ensemble setting!
What to Expect in Beginning Orchestra:
Orchestra students will meet 2 or 3 times per week during the school day at their home school.
In our model, students will learn with others beginning on their same instrument, and have the opportunity to play with students learning other instruments.
Students will develop discipline and confidence as they engage in focused instruction on their instrument.
Students will experience joy and satisfaction through the process of learning and performing music.