Why Standards Based Instruction and Grading?
- With Standards Based Instruction & Grading students grades are more accurate, biased- resistant, and motivating. They are directly linked to what students need to know and be able to do (standards).
- SBIG gives students the practice they need, and more than one opportunity to show success of standards.
- This ensures students and families know what the next step is in student learning.
The purpose of standards-based instruction & grading is to communicate a student’s progress toward mastery of academic standards using practices that are accurate, equitable, and motivating.
SBIG Pilot Resources
- SBIG Pilot Training
- August 16 & 17, 2023 Slide Deck
- SBIG Pilot Monthly Meetings | 2:45-4:15 @ Pierce County Skills Center
SBIG Family Forums
2023-24 | 5:00-6:30pm @ Bethel Learning Center (21818 38th Ave E, Spanaway, WA 98387)
- Fall Family Forum | November 8, 2023 | Slide Deck
- Winter Family Forum | January 10, 2024 | Slide Deck (to come)
- Spring Family Forum | May 7, 2024 | Slide Deck (to come)
2022-23 | 4:30-6:00pm @ Pierce County Skills Center
Spring Family Forum | May 16, 2023 | Slide Deck
Contact Roslyn James
Attn: Standards-Based Instruction & Grading (SBIG)
SBIG Guiding Principle Videos
SBIG Student & Teacher Videos