2023/24 New Walking Routes
Due to a shortage of bus drivers, we have had to adjust the walking boundaries for several of our schools for the 2023/24 school year. Some students who rode the bus last year will now walk to school. Other students will now walk to a nearby school to catch the bus to their school.
These changes were made to meet our goal of providing safe and consistent transportation. Simply put, with less drivers than last year, we unfortunately need to have less bus routes this year.
We know this will be a big change for those of you with students who rode the bus to school last year. Please know we tried to impact as few families as possible as we dealt with the driver shortage. We have implemented a number of changes and strategies, including changing bell schedules and combining bus routes. Changing walking boundaries is always our last resort.
These safe walking routes are all within the guidelines of the Office of the Superintendent for Public Instruction and was reviewed by Risk Management to support the safety of students.
Maps of the safe walking paths will be posted below soon. Please contact our Transportation Department at (253) 800-5900 with any concerns or questions you may have.
- Bethel High School
- Bethel Middle School
- Camas Prairie Elementary
- Cedarcrest Middle School
- Centennial Elementary
- Clover Creek Elementary
- Cougar Mountain Middle School
- Evergreen Elementary
- Frederickson Elementary
- Graham Elementary
- Liberty Middle School
- Naches Trail Elementary
- North Star Elementary
- Pioneer Valley Elementary
- Roy Elementary
- Shining Mountain Elementary
- Spanaway Elementary
- Spanaway Lake High School
- Spanaway Middle School
- Thompson Elementary
- SLHS and SMS students catching the bus at Spanaway Elementary
- SLHS, CHS students catching the bus at Spanaway Middle
- GKHS students catching the bus at Liberty Middle
- SLHS students catching the bus at Cedarcrest Middle
- CMS, Elk Plain and Cambridge students catching the bus at Evergreen Elementary
- GKHS, FMS, Elk Plain, Cambridge students catching the bus at Graham Elementary