Welcome Prospective 2019 Graduates!
- September 25, 2018: Back to School Night & Senior Information Night
- October 2, 2018: Senior & Grad Regalia Order Day: 10:45 AM - 7 PM
- October 31, 2018: Yearbook Photos Due
- January 22, 2019: Senior Yearbook Ads Due
- May 1, 2019: Decision Day
- May 30, 2019 Senior Awards Night (invitation only)
- End of May/Beginning of June: Prom
- Last Friday before graduation: Senior Assembly/Last School Day for Seniors
- Monday of graduation week: Senior Breakfast & Graduation Practice –8am
- Monday or Tuesday of graduation week: Elementary Walks
- June 12, 2019: Graduation – 7pm at the Tacoma Dome
Will you need official copies of your final transcripts after graduation? Submit all transcript requests through
parchment.com. Final transcripts are not automatically sent to colleges/schools. In addition, official transcripts will not
be released until ALL FINES ARE PAID. Final transcripts will be processed after all grades have been posted and the
district has officially graduated the Class of 2019. This means transcripts will be finalized the week following
graduation. The Class of 2019 will have until the end of July to request transcripts for free. Beginning August 1st,
graduates will have to pay a fee to obtain transcripts through parchment.com. Do not use your Bethel School District
email address for orders, as your school account will become inactive July 1, 2019.
Graduation: 7:00 PM at the Tacoma Dome
Senior Fines: Seniors, please pay your fines at the ASB office or online by visiting the GKHS website and using the “Pay Online” link. (Student ID number is their account name and password is last name.) Mrs. Fjeld is available during school hours for you to make payments. You may also check your fine status at the ASB office or online. Transcript requests will not be processed until all fines/fees are paid. This includes AP testing fees. Take care of your fines early!
Each graduate who meets the criteria below will be issued five tickets to the graduation ceremony. Students will receive tickets if he/she: has a status that predicts graduation requirements have been met has paid all fines and fees owed to the school and the district has a cap and gown ordered Five additional tickets will be available to all seniors who successfully complete their student led conference ON TIME as scheduled during the May conference week (May 22-24) with their portfolio and senior project completed. Tickets will be distributed to seniors the morning of graduation practice on June 9. Each person who attends the ceremony, with the exception of the graduate, must have a ticket – young children and babies count and need tickets. Parking at the Dome is $15.
Dress Code for Graduation
- All graduates must have a cap and gown.
- Female Graduates Should Wear Dresses/Skirts/Dress pants and appropriate dress shoes
- Male Graduates Should Wear:Dress shirts and ties –appropriate slacks and dark dress shoes
- Students May NOT Wear:
- Casual sandals or flip flops
- Tennis/running or canvas shoes
- Decorations of any kind with the cap and gown other than medals, pins and honor cords awarded through GKHS. (Leis, flowers, sashes, etc. may be worn after the ceremony for pictures with family and friends.)
- Students who are dressed inappropriately will not be permitted to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Students in the Class of 2019 must meet the following four criteria to walk at graduation:
1. Complete REQUIRED 24.0 CREDITS
2. Complete a CULMINATING PROJECT (Student–Led Conference and Careers Credit)
3. Pay all fines and fees
4. Complete STATE ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Tuxedo, dress suit or slacks, and dress shoes. No jeans or tennis/athletic shoes.
- Shirts are to be worn at all times.
- Formal dresses or gowns may be strapless or feature spaghetti straps
- Exposed backs are acceptable; however, bare stomachs or bare midriffs are not
- Dress shoes or sandals are to be worn
- Undergarments should not be visible. See-through apparel and gowns or dresses with slits that are above mid-thigh area are not permitted. Extremely tight or extremely low-cut garments are also unacceptable.